Some Research Achievements of graduates, and Relevance to Promotion of Technology:
- The Viruses PPR, PB, RSV, BHV-1, BVDV, Aden have been discovered in camel limps for the first true in the Sudan. The immune System to these viruses has been clarified.
The Viruses PPR has been confirmed as the main agent causing camel ling infixions.
- The “Bagara” bulls can be effectively fattened by adding urea to their fodder, being a cheap nitrogen source.
- Bird influenza virus HSNI was isolated for the first true in the Sudan, from chicken, as a result of country-wide studies.
- Study of Plant cover in southern cordovan concluded that-the bush and grass cover need protection and repartition of trees. The area requires spraying of soil nutrients.
- New varieties of sorghum, resistant to drought were produced.
- Management procedures for control of mesquite trees were suggested.
- Research has shown that speeding of wheat grown in litigated schemes of clay soil can be reduced from 72kg/hect. To 50 kg/hect.
- Pula, the parasite of sorghum, can be controlled by in maculation with soil bacteria.
- Secretion of cytokine (1l-10) might be the source of protection of sickle-cells anemic persons from malaria.
- It was shown that non-wood celluloses fibers such as ken of a seisal are more suitable for paper production, than wood.
- Developed chromatographic methods proved efficient in testing for Bromides in water and bread.
- Addition of “Humus” flour to wheat flour improves the equably of bread and adds important nutrient ingredients.
- A unit for increasing production of propylene from liquid oil gas was designed, production wheal was 74.101. Jumped to 99.90%.